Windows 10 Reboot and select proper boot device HELP

Squishem

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hi, I'm stuck right now at this error, whenever i press a key, it just gives me the same error. I think it happened when I was in the middle of a windows update, I restarted my computer to bypass and and now here I am. I' ve tried changing the boot priority in the BIOS, I checked the cables. I dont know what else I can do to try and fix it.

Thank you.

first is your drive showing up in the bios if it not and it not spinning (hard drive) then it dead.
if it an ssd and it not showing up in the bios may have to put it in another pc and run the drive vendor ssd toolbox to see if it sees the drive. if the drive is fine you can try and repair the boot files
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows
use a 4g usb stick and make a new windows 10 boot iso. boot from it and try system restore seee if you can go back. if it cant try repair the boot files.

Squishem

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

Yes, thedrive does show up in BIOS. I will try restoreing the system. Thank you

Squishem

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

Hi, I have an update. So i went through all the steps on that page, and instead of bringing me to that black screen, it brings me to the windows setup screen. Im wondering what you would recommend I do at this point? Should i reinstall windows instead of repairing it?

TRENDING THREADS