[SOLVED] Windows 10 reinstall stuck at 64%

Solution
Repair installs rarely ever help or work. Usually if the problem is bad enough to NEED it, it just doesn't work.

ANY kind of installation should NEVER take more than a hour, at most. Maybe two on a very slow system.

Unfortunately you may be looking at the loss of the whole OS and the need to do a clean install. You do have a backup of any important files that were on that partition, yes? If not, well, this might be a learning experience. If you do, then that is a good thing and you could likely move directly on to doing a clean install.

Repair installs rarely ever help or work. Usually if the problem is bad enough to NEED it, it just doesn't work.

ANY kind of installation should NEVER take more than a hour, at most. Maybe two on a very slow system.

Unfortunately you may be looking at the loss of the whole OS and the need to do a clean install. You do have a backup of any important files that were on that partition, yes? If not, well, this might be a learning experience. If you do, then that is a good thing and you could likely move directly on to doing a clean install.

Solution
Sep 19, 2019

Hi, no I don't have a backup from that recently, could I not take out my hard drive, put it in an external enclosure and take the files I need off of it, or is it likely that all of my files would now be corrupted?

Sep 19, 2019
You can try that, but there's no guarantees at this point. That would have been something that was a lot better to do BEFORE it got this far. Try it, you don't have anything to lose at this juncture.
Yeah, I realise now that I should've backed up before this point, oh well, as you said, it's a learning experience. Thanks for the help.