Windows 10 remains after 7 "clean" install

PeteZaboy

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
My Powerspec came with Windows 10 installed and a Windows 7 disc. When I installed Windows 7 from that disc, Windows 10 remained on my HD. Black screen on boot allows for Windows 7 or 10. Default seems to be 7, but 10 is an option, or would be if it functioned. I just want to get rid of Windows 10. Is there a way?
Update: I appreciate all responses.
I installed Windows 7 months ago after months of using Windows 10. It seems, I have two operating systems installed and would like to remove Windows 10......
Is there a way to just get rid of 10 with out formatting, etc.? Please limit your Criticism and Sarcasm, it is not helpful.

Solution
Hello, First format the drive in which Win10 was installed then go to Control Panel-> AdministrativeTools -> System Configuration.
From there go to boot option and if there is Win10 there, then delete it to get rid of it from boot menu too. And select Win7 as Default OS.

ak195

Distinguished
Hello, First format the drive in which Win10 was installed then go to Control Panel-> AdministrativeTools -> System Configuration.
From there go to boot option and if there is Win10 there, then delete it to get rid of it from boot menu too. And select Win7 as Default OS.

Solution
Unless its just to see if you can why in the world would you revert to using Windows 7 over 10? If you like the old "feel" of Windows 7 install classic shell on Windows 10. At least you will reap all the performance benefits, better task manger, better transfer dialog, directx 12, etc.

Anyhow if you must you should have done a clean isntall by formatting the drive as your starting point. The Windows 7 installer can do this for you. Right after you choose custom install you will have a screen showing your drives, make sure to click format on the drive you want to wipe to do this clean install.

Faux_Grey

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
You can remove the evil that is windows 10 through MSCONFIG.

Follow this guide to open Msconfig: http://caleudum.com/how-to-change-default-boot-order-in-windows/

From there you can delete windows 10 bootloader, or make windows 7 the default with a 1 second timeout.

PeteZaboy

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

PeteZaboy

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

PeteZaboy

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

PeteZaboy

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016