Question windows 10 remove protection mode from internal ssd

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have windows 10 pro and I recently reiinstalled windows 10 from a disk and the way I did the reinstall was that I unplugged all of my slave drives and I kept just the ssd the c drive and when you get to the screen where is ask you where you want to install windows to what drive I highlighted my c drive and there was a bunch of other partions like a reserved partion and recovery partition and all that. so instead of just clicking next I hit the format button and I formatted the ssd drive that windows is on. And everything is Okay in windows when I go into my disk mangment properties in windows 10 pro v1809 it shows the file system as ntfs as it should but wjhen I use thrid party partitioning software it's showing my c drive as unformatted is this a problem that I should be concerned with? Is it just the thrid party software not reading the drive right? The software I believe is easuse partition master and it shows the c drive as Unformatted. but in windows it's showing ntfs as the file system.
sbrj2f.jpg

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
along with this I'm wondering if you could tell me how i can dlete some of these partitions and turn them into unallocated disk space so that I can merge them back to the c drive . I tried using disk part in the command prompt to delete the recovery partition and it said acsess is denied.and I typed in attributes disk clear readonly and it said disk part failed to clear disk attributes. I also went into windows 10 registry and and made an entry in there for wrire protect and I made it 0 and that still did not work. So I guess I'm wondering how I would go about removing write protection from this sandisk internal ssd. so that I can maybe delete that recovery partition and some others? Thank you!

You can delete partitions right after C: - 826MB and 465MB. After that extend C: .
Deleting 499MB recovery partition would be pointless. You can not merge it with C: .
Also don't touch EFI system partition. Bootloader lives there. Deleting it, makes your system unbootable.

Keep in mind - if the drive is SSD, then it's recommended to leave ~ 10% of space at the end of drive unpartitioned. This helps maintain drive performance and wear leveling works better.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
select partition x
(Select right partition to delete. Don't delete the wrong partition!)​
delete partition override
exit