Question windows 10 repair error wont go away even after deleting hardrive

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
my pc wont boot no mater what bootable os i try to install windows ten logo keeps coming up saying my pc needs repared only os i can install is windows xp i cant even use a bootable hardrive format software it pops up as windows 10 same with 7,and 8 were is this file coming from is it in the mbr? and how do i delete it yes it did had windows ten on it before but i tried to put it in another computer but decided to rebuild my current pc

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
ok ive tried running the cd software to boot my hardrive delete no hardrives pluged in guess what same issue were in the world is it loading windows 10 recovery or installer from?like from bois perhaps ram? its a foxcom motherboad pentium d duel and a 64 bit cpu linux wont load neither same thing windows 10 recovery it boots up like its installing windows ten lol yea a challenged question google could not find the answer i tried loading xp to my flash drive but it still required i have a hardrive to write files to weird i thought it can load and boot from usb i guess not,it will load but it still requires a hardrive to boot from

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
take all drives except the one you want to install on out of PC
Make sure there aren't any other USB drives in slots. no other cd drivers attached.
unplug any external hdd (not that its likely cause)

windows cannot be on anything apart from an ssd or hdd, its not magic so can't reside in ram as ram forgets everything the 2nd it loses power.

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
it only dose this when i load a dvd cd rom other wise it will boot whatever is on hardrive but some bios dose store recovery console on it and loads the files from disk if thi is the cas which i belive it is how to make it leave my boot disk alone and not go into recovery when i try to boot a dvd/cd

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
ive reset and cleared my csmos now it shows up a windows ten logo and reboot when i try to use a format cd but never the less ill try installing windows ten now ill let you know how it dose im hopeing it is enough to not trigger the recovery mode my system has a bootable bios rom so it may had stored the recovery system on it and it was looking for the data on my hardrive and it of course is not there. if you know what this option is called in bios it would sure be useful.oh it will however boot xp and ghost xp i even wrote my format cd with rufus and same problem i know darn well a windows logo dont come up on a format software

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
ahh stuck with windows logo lol well at least i got rid of that recovery loader im almost got the windows ten off of my mb. i has to stored in bios its an recovery console thats all i can tell ya i hope you have some ideal for that rat its wont load my windows ten disk yet but stii xp will install this mb has 4gb of ram and had windows ten on it thatys why this darn recovery crap is poping up. a pentuim d cpux2 2.6ghz 2.5ghz
alright i tryed loading windows 8 ok well windows ten logo came up after a few minutes dost stuff poped up and it reboots i was right its the damn bios recovery chip doing it i know that its corrupted it comes up with numbers then reboot i deleted some of the recovery data but failed to coompletly delete it i know once i load a windows it will wright a new recovery rom datta but damn how do i bypass this old one? it dose this on both of my dvd rom drives but not at all on hardrives after waiting for a reply from you i guess none of you knows why windows 10 boot logo keeps showing itself no mater what windows dvd i use except for windows xp and it keeps going into windows 10 recovery mode ive made some ajustment to bios i cant disable the rom thats storing my recovery boot please im not pulling your leg and yes windows ten can be stored magically because this is exactly what im experience i have no ideal were the recovery system is at all i know is its on my mb some were it allows me to use f8 thaen all the options dont work it says your pc needs to be repaired error 0xc0000255
bios id is 945m09-ga.f1.p.06
its a foxcom mb i cant get the model at this time
its a pentium d duel core
this has ben haunted me no mater what i do to it im at my wits end

Last edited:

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
take all drives except the one you want to install on out of PC
Make sure there aren't any other USB drives in slots. no other cd drivers attached.
unplug any external hdd (not that its likely cause)

windows cannot be on anything apart from an ssd or hdd, its not magic so can't reside in ram as ram forgets everything the 2nd it loses power.
um well it is no joke ive typed up all i did ive striped it down windows ten is on the hardware some were no mater what boot disk of windows nt i use like 7,8,10, windows 10 recovery console boots up every time on all hds only windows xp dose not triger this recovery feature f8 works then it ends there just read my updates ive posted if you have any ideal why this mb is doing it or how please help me i am pc literate but this the first ive ever heard of a ghost windows and of all persons i had to be the one to experence it

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
alright lol no one has a answer dang well im left with two options i can preload windows on another pc i got one i can use then boot it up in safemode on my newer model so it can install the correct drivers then do a repair so it overwrites the recovery bios rom i think this is the only solution like i said im literate on computers what i wanted to do was bypass the recovery bootup thank you for trying to help me and its a matter of time before some one advise me to do what i just mentioned im just dang lucky i got one on hand to use pc that is but still if u have the answer how to bypass secure recovery boot rom please post here for future reference

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
alright lol no one has a answer dang

No one has an answer, as I assume most of the people who have read this thread are looking at it the same way I am -- I have absolutely no clue what you're asking/trying to achieve.
Commas, periods... any punctuation at all might be beneficial here.

As has been covered off, Windows boot manager cannot reside anywhere other than an SSD or HDD. Not in RAM, not in a BIOS chip etc. Potentially it's on the USB or disc you're using.
Not sure why XP is the only OS you can install? you can create bootable W10 media, format the drive with DISKPART and install W10, W7, W8 etc, whatever you want.

We have no idea what hardware you're talking about and, beyond "windows ten logo keeps coming up", we've no idea what your problem is...

popatim

Titan
To me it sounds like you have an OEM PC, (HP, DELL...) and that means your recovery partition is a hidden partition on the harddrive itself.

So... Where did you get this Harddrive from?
If you have a Pentium D your PC certainly didn't come with Win10...

To boot from something other then your boot harddrive, you press an F-key, often F10,11, or 12 which should prompt you to select the boot device. This is where you would select the drive you want to boot from. WHICH F-Key it is often is listed at the bottom of the display during power up and shown at the same time as the option to enter Setup/Bios.

Unfortunately your PC may be old enough that you actually have to go into the bios and set the Cd/DVD rom drive as the 1st boot device. We can't be sure without knowing which motherboard. I know on my old Pentium D system I could use the F-key. I still have that board & cpu. LoL

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
lol its not the hd its a secure boot rom only way to boot windows ten is by dos oem like windows 10 all in one i found out it was a 32bit i have a 64 bit cpu but it dose not have 3dnow wich narrows down my windows mystery my mb has bios protect and secure boot rom that windows 8 and 10 uses if bios supports it it allows recovery from disk or dvd when windows run into a problem. and if its the hd well a dose based boot oem fixes it it allows booting windows 10 all in one has a dos boot loader allowing you to choose between 32bit and 64bit.once i install windows 10 problem wont go away but it will just do what its supose to do.and yes its an older mb i probably can put a better cpu on it but i use for my phone sound system i built and to study on or lookup faqs walkthrough for my games another possibility is the hd had windows 10 64 bit in the mbr the info part

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
btw ur old pc will run windows ten 32bit as long if its a 4 or better and has 1 gig of ram i say 2 to be safe u might want to use a amd card a cheap one or a nividea 1gb is all u need it uses ram to extend ur ggpus memory so dont get any other 550mb gpu ram is idealistic ive built many old pcs with windows ten and i tried to use my other pc it worked installed without an issue its slow an old amd anthox zeon class 1 core 1.6ghz 64 bit it had 3dnow instructions but i could not do a transfer to my other pc i finely found a way to boot it the windows ten all in one i have to use 32bit windows on it

bignastyid

Titan
I'm going to hazard a guess that English is not your first language and you learned the little you known from a poorly translated Chinese manual. Please try using google translate to translate what you want to post from your native language to English. Atleast then we might be able to discern exactly what you are talking about because as of now it makes little to no sense.

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
Could you perhaps be a little clearer? Everything's one long confusing sentence of fractured phrases. And I'm still trying to figure out what things like an "Anthox Zeon" are, because there's no such thing that ever existed.
then i cant spell the cpu name sorry about the confusion i fixed it it was indeed a worthy experience AMD Athlon Xeon was the cpu i had the hd on you wont find it on net its an old dell box pc originaly it was built for xp the cpuz id it so blaim it lol i was trying to move my hd to my intel duel core pc i did had win 10 on that amd box and yes the cpu one time existed when i moved my hds it gave me the recovery menu every time even though the hd was deleted i was only able to install xp the recovery opt pops up when i put in a format disk or windows disk other than xp i was able to boot windows 10 all in one by usb because it uses a dosbased boot call
have to go here https://windowsreport.com/we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition/
and do this my pc is loading fine now lol sorry i hope my experience do help someone down the line who runs into a similar problem.i may have a headache but it was a worthy experience

Last edited:

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
if u saying its a possibly an oem issue well the dell pc it came from is oem installed with xp.btw my english fine its only lang i know im not good at spelling so dont hold that against me like i said i finely fixed it im still learning software stuff,you all have a nice day

Last edited:

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
You seem to have a certain knowledge of terminology but hardly any sense of the English language. I'm beginning to suspect you're having a laugh at our expense. If I'm wrong, send me a Private Message in your native language and I'll get back to you.
no not at all im terribly sorry if i seemed this way im good with computers yes sometimes i may run into something i never experience and panic if lucky i guess im able to fix iti have no problem pm you, i have autism so it may mess up my lang a bit im not accustom to long chats