Windows 10 reset everything by itself.

The Phoenix

Distinguished
May 24, 2014
So I recently took the computer from my house to a friends house. I powered it down normally and waited till everything was off before unplugging everything. I took the PC over to the other house very carefully and did not drop or do anything that could damage the hard drives. However, the system was out in the cold for 5+ hours. (in my car) Once i brought the PC in and turned it on, it started normally. I didn't see the computer boot because I was in the other room. I came back and the desktop was reset, Many applications were gone, all my folders, most of my applications, the windows desktop background reset, and all my applications on my task bar had been removed. Alot of my applications were there, but like i said they are still on the hard drive. (steam, other games exc) But the system doesn't see them. They don't show up when you search for applications in the menu. I don't understand what's going on, This really frustrates me because this happened probably at the worst time. This is a custom built system. not sure if that matters or not. Please let me know if anyone can help.