[SOLVED] windows 10 reset

JudeSaint

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I have been having issues with my windows 10 hanging on loading. It got to a point where i could not even get the automatic repair to work. I had a stroke of luck and the repair actually launched. I was able to "reset" windows but now when i load up i get the windows logo with "please wait" under it for about 10 to 15 and then a quick flash of what appears to be a window and then a black screen.

I might add that this is the exact same thing that would happen previously when i would try to get the auotmatic repair to run ... a quick flash of what appeard to be a window and then an black screen.

windows IS on an ssd by itself so im also wondering if there is no fix for this if i could just hook the ssd up to my laptop and try to load it up there.

This would be the second time ive reset windows and am starting to think that windows is not the issue.

What do you mean Reset Windows? Did you reinstall it? Because it sounds like that might be the next step. If you haven't already, look up the steps to Reinstall windows, and do so. If that fixes nothing, then it is probably hardware related.

JudeSaint

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
there is a reset option where you can keep all of your files but it reinsalls windows. I did that option but whenever i try to book back up i get .... "please wait" under the windows logo it for about 10 to 15 and then a quick flash of what appears to be a window and then a black screen.

I think doing a full reinstall is the best option then. If you have Windows installed on a drive with nothing else, like you said, you wont loose anything anyway. Reinstalling windows reformats the drive it is installed on, removing data from that drive only. If that doesn't work, try installing windows onto another SSD or HDD to see if the SSD you are using is bad.

JudeSaint

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I am on a laptop right now. Can i install it on the SSD i pulled from my PC and check it that way? Or will that mess things up. I have the windows 10 upgrade so i have no idea how it recognizes weather or not the copy is actually mine since i do not have a key

I never found disk checking to work for me. It actually was part of the reason one of my HDDs corrupted, I think. Probably not. But anyways, when I was having Storage problems, Disk Checking never did anything for me. Reinstalling windows is not as bad of a process as you might be thinking it is as well. You should not loose any of your data if it is on another Drive. The only thing to watch for is OneDrive. It will attempt to be activated by default, and you need to stop it from being used, unless you want to on purpose, of course.

You can try to access the data on the SSD though your laptop, if you have a way to connect it, but to reinstall windows, I think you need to be on the Desktop. Although, you may be able to choose an install location for Windows, and set it to the SSD from the laptop, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

JudeSaint

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015

I did not. I have formated it and am now reinstalling windows. Had to convert it to GPT though as it was in a different format