Question Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default

OMGitsMoha

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
Windows 10 was fine few days ago and everything was alright and no problems until someday, I noticed that my laptop shut down itself then when I restarted it, I got that automating repair thing, and I kept getting it everytime I restart the laptop, so I knew the laptop had problems and I had to format it and reinstall windows 10, after reinstalling windows 10, I tried to install the updates which contain my 2 GPUs (Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon 7400M) and after that the resolution changed to 1600x900 which is my screen's resolution, but after the updates finished, they required me to restart the laptop so I did but after I did, laptop passed the spinning wheel of windows and after that, the screen went BLACK and the logon screen didn't come, so I had to restart it, and everytime I restart it, the screen is black as I said, so I did a system restore and everything worked but the resolution was the default one.

So my problem here is that when installing graphics drivers for AMD and Intel, screen goes black even after the restart, but when using Windows Display Adapter, everything is fine.

Things I tried:
System restore
Safe boot with networking to install/uninstall drivers
Startup repair
Installing latest drivers

And honestly I dont know what is the problem and I really want a solution for it, any help is really appreciated as I've been stuck with this problem for over 2 days

woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
Are you sure you're using the correct drivers? I have a good feeling that te wrong drivers could mess this up, though I haven't had this type of problem.

If you have a discrete GPU, maybe try installing only the drivers for one of the GPUs and seeing how it does?

OMGitsMoha

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
I think I was using wrong drivers, but i'm not too sure so I went to a technician and he installed the drivers for the iGPU only (Intel HD 3000), not the dedicated GPU which is AMD Radeon 7400m, I installed drivers for intel only before but when I tried to install for AMD, black screen came so I think the problem is in AMD but idk

D

Deleted member 14196

Try letting windows decide what drivers to use just to get it to work and when everything is working and all your applications work then we can look at the proper chipset drivers for your motherboard as long as you specify your motherboard specifications

Windows already has all that stuff so I wouldn’t bother with chipset but you can find AMD driver is on the AMD website

OMGitsMoha

Prominent
Aug 13, 2019
Try letting windows decide what drivers to use just to get it to work and when everything is working and all your applications work then we can look at the proper chipset drivers for your motherboard as long as you specify your motherboard specifications

Windows already has all that stuff so I wouldn’t bother with chipset but you can find AMD driver is on the AMD website
AMD doesn't support my GPU anymore and I used windows update to let windows decide my drivers but still the same thing, black screen comes after the restart