windows 10 rest failed

joeuneedshelp

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
I decided to rest my Gateway pc which i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 about 6 months ago, while it was resetting the progress reached 56percent, and then windows sent a message saying that it could not be reset, so i searched the web and found out that i needed to create a windows 10 media crate and i did. I tried to repair my pc but it didn't work, i tried to reset it again but it still didn't work, i also tried to install windows 10 from the usb flash drive but it can't find any drivers. Can someone help me ASAP, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
does win 10 still boot?
if so try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

once its run, then copy/paste this into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

this fixes the files SFC uses to fix windows, so once its run, redo SFC /scannow and restart PC

if all that works you can run a reset

If dism comes back saying it needs a source file, and you are running the Anniversary Edition of win 10, do this:
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into...
If you created a full system backup to an external hard drive, I can help you - just restore your system from that and be back up and running in under an hour. If you didn't take that ounce of prevention, I'm afraid you're in for a painful pound of cure, meaning you'll need to back up your data if you can, restore to factory settings, then reinstall all your software.

Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
does win 10 still boot?
if so try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

once its run, then copy/paste this into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

this fixes the files SFC uses to fix windows, so once its run, redo SFC /scannow and restart PC

if all that works you can run a reset

If dism comes back saying it needs a source file, and you are running the Anniversary Edition of win 10, do this:
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

That won't work if you aren't running the latest version of win 10, so I would update to it and see if that fixes your errors. Go to link above refering to ISO and click the update now link, this will dl the upgrade assistant that you can run to get latest version of win 10. If you do this, you may not even need a reset as it may fix windows for you

Solution