blackkeys1098

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2016
So I accidently deleted some files form my C drive that allowed Windows 10 to sleep/hibernate, now it just restarts.

I have Easeus free version and the files that were deleted seem to be boot.sdi, reagent.xml and winre.wim - if those have nothing to do with it, let me know

Bascially, I'm just trying to restore whatever was lost that allowed my PC to sleep

If I need to restore those listed files, I can restore them in easeus HOWEVER it doesn't show me where to place them on the c drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So I accidently deleted some files form my C drive that allowed Windows 10 to sleep/hibernate, now it just restarts.

I have Easeus free version and the files that were deleted seem to be boot.sdi, reagent.xml and winre.wim - if those have nothing to do with it, let me know

Bascially, I'm just trying to restore whatever was lost that allowed my PC to sleep

If I need to restore those listed files, I can restore them in easeus HOWEVER it doesn't show me where to place them on the c drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
If you have a system restore point, try a restore from there. You can also try a system file check to repair the system. Open Command Prompt, run it as administrator, and paste this code (and press enter).

Code:
sfc /scannow

If not, you may have to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and avoid playing around with files that may have unintended consequences.

blackkeys1098

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2016
If you have a system restore point, try a restore from there. You can also try a system file check to repair the system. Open Command Prompt, run it as administrator, and paste this code (and press enter).

Code:
sfc /scannow

If not, you may have to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and avoid playing around with files that may have unintended consequences.

I ran that, it said it repaired all files though the problem is still there.

I just noticed that there was a motherboard file (rgb.exe) that was deleted too - is that possibly what's causing the problem?