[SOLVED] Windows 10 restore from windows 7

Dec 5, 2019
I have an asus p8p97 deluxe MB with a i7 2600k processor. I had set it to overclock but it was overheating. AI suite didn't allow me to reset to standard so I went into bios and set it to default based on forum suggestions. WHAT A MISTAKE. When it rebooted, it booted into Windows 7 pro. I have a Windows 10 recovery jump drive, but nothing I do will return my system to it's previous state with Windows 10. I'm stymied with this. System restore says I have no restore points, but I know I did in Windows 10. Is there any way I can recover my system to it's state before the bios change to "default"?

Solution
Clarification:

It had WIn 7 installed originally
You Upgraded to Win 10
OC problems, and you (somehow) caused the BIOS to return it back to the original factory OS, Win 7.

Correct so far?

Your Win 10 is gone.
You cannot recover it
You can do a new clean install of Win 10, but nothing of what was there will return.

USAFRet

Titan
Clarification:

It had WIn 7 installed originally
You Upgraded to Win 10
OC problems, and you (somehow) caused the BIOS to return it back to the original factory OS, Win 7.

Correct so far?

Your Win 10 is gone.
You cannot recover it
You can do a new clean install of Win 10, but nothing of what was there will return.

Solution
Dec 5, 2019
I did not have a dual lpartition. Drive C was originally Windows 7 pro and was upgraded to Windows 10 pro. When I went into the UEFI BIOS Utility I selected F5 (Default) at the boot menu. It proceeded to load Windows 7 pro. I used my Windows 10 recovery jump drive to try and recover but it installs Win10pro but all icons and programs, devices, and drivers are from my Windows 7 days, and there are no recovery points. If there was a way to find my old recovery points ( I don't know where to find them) maybe that would work?

Dec 5, 2019
did you have multiple hdd/sdd
go back to bios and change the boot seq

I'm crossing my fingers because it looks like this may have worked. I changed boot sequesnce to my ssd and it booted up to a recent Windows 10 desktop. I immediately created a restore point. Thank you for the input here. Awesome group.