[SOLVED] Windows 10 says headphone's mic isn't plugged in when it is.

Geettttt

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
I recently bought some eg3 pro gaming headphones. The audio works great, the mic is showing up in the Sound controller but it says that it is unplugged. The problem is that I can't install the eg3 drivers to use the mic, because when I run the installer it can't find the mic. I have tried changing the realteck drivers to no avail.

Here is a pic of what it looks like:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovzChQUuYxtIg_7LXkIbe_QIdxiJXebh/view?usp=sharing

Solution
USB connected - correct?

Have you tried other known working USB ports?

Try using a USB extension cable between the headphones and host computer. The physical fit of plug to port may make a difference.

Have you tried other known headphones with mic on your computer?

Does the microphone appear if you plug the eg3 headphones into another known working computer?

Determine if the "no microphone" problem follows the headphones or stays with the computer.

Ralston18

Titan
USB connected - correct?

Have you tried other known working USB ports?

Try using a USB extension cable between the headphones and host computer. The physical fit of plug to port may make a difference.

Have you tried other known headphones with mic on your computer?

Does the microphone appear if you plug the eg3 headphones into another known working computer?

Determine if the "no microphone" problem follows the headphones or stays with the computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS