Windows 10 scalelevel problems (resolution?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazetoG

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2015
Hi again!

Lenovo Y50-70

So when I was running win 8.1 before the update, my steam window would appear crystal clear and so would everything else however since the update to win 10 the steam window now appear large, unclear and blurred like it's got a different resolution.
My chrome browser also have a little bit blurred letters/font's. - even when I right click anywhere the menu that comes up has the same blurred letters as chrome!

I've tried fiddling around with the scale system in windows 10, and everything is set to 125% - and it feel's normal but the steam window, chrome, and some other programs have these blurred letters which really hurts my eyes in the long run.

I've tried putting everything to a 100% and the taskbar and icon's on the desk appears smaller and the steam window appears normal, but however the chrome browser now appears with small unclear letters much worse than before.

I'm running the highest resolution which is 1920x1080, and everything scale wise set to the recommended 125%. I've updated all driver's from lenovo's support site to windows 10, the chipset, Intel HD graphic card, and Intel HD VGA (whatever that is) and no noticeable difference.

Can somebody, provide me with the right scales? So my windows with every program looks normal again, or is this a known bug with windows 10?

Cheers

Solution
Well, I found an solution.. I downgraded back to Windows 8.1, at everything looks normal now, thank god. I did downgrade through Windows where you only have 1 month to downgrade in, so if you're facing the problem be sure to check for that 1 month downgrade.

For anybody else reading this, I did try to post this on Lenovo's forum and I'll add a link at the end of this message - but there was no solution.
I'll contact lenovo in the near future to see if the things have changed on Windows 10, and I'll post a message to this site when I hear something new.

Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-windows-10-scale-level-problems/td-p/2139552

cazetoG

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2015
Well, I found an solution.. I downgraded back to Windows 8.1, at everything looks normal now, thank god. I did downgrade through Windows where you only have 1 month to downgrade in, so if you're facing the problem be sure to check for that 1 month downgrade.

For anybody else reading this, I did try to post this on Lenovo's forum and I'll add a link at the end of this message - but there was no solution.
I'll contact lenovo in the near future to see if the things have changed on Windows 10, and I'll post a message to this site when I hear something new.

Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-windows-10-scale-level-problems/td-p/2139552

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS