Windows 10 screen went black and white

zeimodaniel

Reputable
Nov 18, 2017
Screen randomly went black and white but bios, turn on, turn of and user account windows have all colors. Tried to reinstal drivers, tried to check nvidia control pannel but didnt found problem. Also screenshots are gray to. Im so confused now

Solution
Ahhhhhhhh! Thank you, zeimodaniel. I signed up to say thank you to you.

I was in the middle of doing my client's work when my computer screen turned black and white around 2 AM. I was clueless and about to fall into despair but I found your thread.

I really appreciate your tip.
Have a nice day.

I will say your tip again for others using Windows 10: Right click on the desktop screen and choose "Personalize"---> "Colors"-----> "High constrast settings", and turn off "Apply color filter"

forwork3211

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Ahhhhhhhh! Thank you, zeimodaniel. I signed up to say thank you to you.

I was in the middle of doing my client's work when my computer screen turned black and white around 2 AM. I was clueless and about to fall into despair but I found your thread.

I really appreciate your tip.
Have a nice day.

I will say your tip again for others using Windows 10: Right click on the desktop screen and choose "Personalize"---> "Colors"-----> "High constrast settings", and turn off "Apply color filter"

Solution

kid_camel

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Thank you so much forwork3211 for the more detailed answer! Most appreciated.

Saintalchemyst

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for this. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what had happened to the color on my monitor! I was playing Call of Duty WWII and the game has this effect where the screen fades to black and white then back to color in certain instances. While I was playing this happen yet it didn't fade back to color. Figured it was a glitch in the game. So I exited to reboot the game to clear the glitch, but once I had exited the game MY WHOLE DESKTOP WAS STILL BLACK AND WHITE!?!?! BIOS. FINE. LOG IN SCREEN. FINE. DESKTOP. NOPE! What I want to know is why this just happend on it's own without any input from me! How many more setting are just gonna 'change" on their own on this crap OS! Sigh... I miss Windows XP... HELL! I'D TAKE Win 7 OVER THIS 10 GARBAGE!!!

flopssy

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
cheers matey :p
been cleaning my keyboard and manage to put it on black and white :D

wbchengs

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

I too ran in to the same problem, thanks to your post, got it sorted :bounce:

angekenos

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

d_purba

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

storyquest101

Reputable
Mar 22, 2016
Another quick tip for anyone that runs into this problem: There's a hotkey that will make this happen, at least on Windows 10. I know I've accidentally turned it on by bumping it, but it will also turn it off so you can quickly do that without going through the settings.

It's Windows Key+CTRL+C. That will turn greyscale on or off.

Avi Ben David

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
I will say your tip again for others using Windows 10: Right click on the desktop screen and choose "Personalize"---> "Colors"-----> "High constrast settings", and turn off "Apply color filter"[/quotemsg]

Thank you so much forwork3211 for the more detailed answer! Most appreciated.
[/quotemsg]

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

karishmas

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018

karishmas

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018

Feb 20, 2018

Thank you, this really helped alot.

"Personalize"---> "Colors"-----> "High constrast settings", and turn off "Apply color filter"

Feb 21, 2018
I will say your tip again for others using Windows 10: Right click on the desktop screen and choose "Personalize"---> "Colors"-----> "High constrast settings", and turn off "Apply color filter"[/quotemsg]

Brilliant thanks worked a treat. My cat sat on my Keyboard (do all cats do that or is it just mine) and both screens turned B&W. It was the High Contrast Settings as you say. Clever Cat, how did it do that?

Apr 10, 2018

Apr 14, 2018

My screen suddenly went B&W for no apparent reason. Fortunately I found your post and sorted it very quickly. Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS