Question WIndows 10 "Type here to search"bar is not working

Ralston18

Titan

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Which edition/version of Windows 10 are you running?

Are you able to get into Reliability History to determine if any entries are being captured/recording when the search bar attempts fail?

Try running "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Likewise, if necessary, "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
Thank you very much for your answer but it is not working,i tried all these steps but nothing works

Ralston18

Titan
Late thought: The problem is that the "Type here to search" box is the search box/bar that is not working - correct?

That was my initial thought; however, I realized that that may not be the search bar in question...

Please confirm or correct as necessary.

Windows 10 information?

Are you able to get into Update History to determine if there have been any update problems?

Use "WIN" + "I" > [Find a setting] and type in "Update History" (without quotes).

Are you able to get into Reliability History to determine if any entries are being captured/recording when the search bar attempts fail?

Note: You can use the same process but type in "Reliability History" (again without quotes) to look for errors there.

Aug 30, 2021
Where are with this? I have the same (or very similar) problem, tried everything I could find, to no avail. I will tell my friend (for whom I'm researching this) to put up with this before I re-install W10.

Having to re-install the OS for such a minor component failing would put anyone off using Windows going forward?!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where are with this? I have the same (or very similar) problem, tried everything I could find, to no avail. I will tell my friend (for whom I'm researching this) to put up with this before I re-install W10.

Having to re-install the OS for such a minor component failing would put anyone off using Windows going forward?!
i would make a new thread explaining problem and showing specs of friends PC and we see what we can do for him :)