Windows 10 sees my SSD as a standard hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano1511

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
So as of recently I am running Windows 10 on my pc.
I however noticed one thing: I have an SSD and an HDD installed.
I installed the OS on my SSD ofcourse.
Now it seems that Windows 10 recognizes my SSD as a regular drive, and not as an SSD.
Due to this, I am unable to install SSD drivers.

I use the Samsung Evo 850 SSD. (if that helps)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey there, Stefano!

Did you unplug the HDD from the SATA ports on the motherboard when you installed Windows in your SSD?
If not, you are most probably encountering an OS confusion. I'd recommend you to start the Windows install from scratch (again), only this time make sure your secondary drive is unplugged until the installation is completed. Afterwards, install the drivers and then plug the secondary HDD inside and re-format it through Disk Management. Make sure you have any important data backed up somewhere else as the clean install will erase all your files. If you have anything on the HDD, back it up as well before re-formatting.
Here's an optimization guide that might be useful...
Hey there, Stefano!

Did you unplug the HDD from the SATA ports on the motherboard when you installed Windows in your SSD?
If not, you are most probably encountering an OS confusion. I'd recommend you to start the Windows install from scratch (again), only this time make sure your secondary drive is unplugged until the installation is completed. Afterwards, install the drivers and then plug the secondary HDD inside and re-format it through Disk Management. Make sure you have any important data backed up somewhere else as the clean install will erase all your files. If you have anything on the HDD, back it up as well before re-formatting.
Here's an optimization guide that might be useful: http://www.overclock.net/t/1240779/seans-windows-8-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Good luck! Hope this helps! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.