[SOLVED] Windows 10 Settings crashes when I click on Sign-In options

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Basically I forgot my Microsoft PIN and when I tried to reset it in the Sign-In options the Settings crashed along with all windows that were active. I had to start-up Task Manager to close them and everytime I tried it the result was the same. It only happens with Sign-In options everything else works just fine. I have the x64 Windows 10

Solution
Search your Start menu for "Services" and make sure the Credential Manager service is running. If not, right click on it and start the service.

If the Sign In Options panel still crashes, right click the Start button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" and enter "sfc /scannow". Once the sfc tool finishes, reboot your computer and try once more.
Search your Start menu for "Services" and make sure the Credential Manager service is running. If not, right click on it and start the service.

If the Sign In Options panel still crashes, right click the Start button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" and enter "sfc /scannow". Once the sfc tool finishes, reboot your computer and try once more.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.