[SOLVED] Windows 10 Setup crashes before installing

Aug 5, 2019
Hey guys,
i‘ve got a hard one for you.
I just built my gaming pc and now wanted to download win10.
I created a boot stick with the media creation tool from microsoft, but when i plug the usb in and let the pc boot the windows loading cycle appears and stops after a few seconds. The screen is frozen and the pc doesn’t react on anything. Not even on pushing the power button. (the fans and the rgb lighting still works)

I can access the bios without problems and the ram is shown as 16gb as it should be, so i don’t think it’s broken. (not sure after after all)

i created the boot stick on my win7 pc. Is that a possible cause?

My hardware is:
i5 9600k
rtx2070 super
msi mpg z390 gaming edge ac
16gb trident z 3200mhz
bequit straight power 650watt
nzxt kraken x62

Please help me! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest bios for motherboard?

is CPU overclocked? remove if so.
what XMP settings is ram set to? reset to defaults if you have it on XMP

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. IT creates a bootable USB so make on another PC

Shouldn't be any problem using win 7 to make installer. Did you use media creation tool to make installer?

Aug 5, 2019
Do you have latest bios for motherboard?

is CPU overclocked? remove if so.
what XMP settings is ram set to? reset to defaults if you have it on XMP

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. IT creates a bootable USB so make on another PC

Shouldn't be any problem using win 7 to make installer. Did you use media creation tool to make installer?

No i removed the overclocking and set the xmp to default settings. the ram is running at 2133mhz..

I used the media creation tool to create a win 10 boot stick, but used a win 7 disc PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS