[SOLVED] Windows 10 sharing info between my main drive and my 2 clone drives

Nov 3, 2020
I have 3 drives with win 10 and 2 are clone drives but somehow they are talking to each other so what I am saying is my drives are NVME and SSD#1 and SSD#2 if I put something in the trash in SSD#1 it is in the trash of the other 2 drives and it is always signing me out of Chrome and clearing the cookies. So I boot on the NVME and keep the SSD's for clone back ups

Would love some help on this one
Ed Hamlin

Solution
Multiple bootable clones on the same system is rarely a good idea. It always ends up with issues.

I agree with the above...ditch that direct clone, and use a different method.
I have 3 drives with win 10 and 2 are clone drives but somehow they are talking to each other so what I am saying is my drives are NVME and SSD#1 and SSD#2 if I put something in the trash in SSD#1 it is in the trash of the other 2 drives and it is always signing me out of Chrome and clearing the cookies. So I boot on the NVME and keep the SSD's for clone back ups

Would love some help on this one
Ed Hamlin
I would suggest that instead of keeping clones for backups that you keep image files for backups instead. This way....what is happening to you can't happen.

USAFRet

Titan
what would be you suggestion for a disk image software?
Macrium Reflect.
I use it daily.

Nov 3, 2020
I don't have a boot issue and all the drives work when I go to boot menu but I keep getting signed out of my chrome account and it is making me sign into chrome every time I start up my PC so every day I have to get a sign on for my bank account for my company. What I found was that if i delete something on say SSD#1 it is in the trash of the NVME and SSD#2 drives. I have another computer with win 7 with the same setup and have never had a problem.

And I do want to say I appreciate all the help
Ed

USAFRet

Titan
I don't have a boot issue and all the drives work when I go to boot menu but I keep getting signed out of my chrome account and it is making me sign into chrome every time I start up my PC so every day I have to get a sign on for my bank account for my company. What I found was that if i delete something on say SSD#1 it is in the trash of the NVME and SSD#2 drives. I have another computer with win 7 with the same setup and have never had a problem.

Ed
Right.
And there appears to be some crosstalk between the two mostly viable OS's.
No idea how or why, which leads to no idea of a "fix".

As said, that is rarely a good idea.

Ed
You're welcome...and whenever you have two or more bootable systems on a PC there is the potential for booting problems (be glad you don't have any)...and other problems (one of which you have seen one).