Windows 10 shows wifi connected but no internet access (SOLVED)

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
The built in wifi on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L750-A098) connects successfully but underneath it says "no internet". No problems when I try to use wifi on Ubuntu 16.04 which I have dual booted on my laptop. This is what the icon on the task bar looks like. Please help! (SOLVED)

Solution
I FOUND A SOLUTION!
Turns out, it wasn't a driver problem. I was messing around with frequencies when I decided to check the DNS and IPv6 addresses. Turns out they were set to some bogus, random number. I set it back to "Obtain IPv6 address automatically" and it instantly started working again! Appreciate the help you guys.
Thanks!
(quote me so I can pick it as the solution)

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Tried troubleshooting, it says "troublshoot couldn't identify the problem". Here is a screenshot: https://postimg.org/image/j46sprjad/

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

I'd gotten an official driver update along with my Windows updates some time ago when I was on Windows 8.1. After installing the update, my computer statrted BSODing everytime I turn on wifi. I couldn't even roll back the driver without it BSODing on me. So I went into safe mode and disabled the wifi adaptor. Later I formatted my pc and freshly installed Windows 10. Since then it's been giving me these problems. Doesn't BSOD on me now though.
So no, I haven't tried any unofficial drivers so I guess Windows 10 installed the drivers itself. There doesn't seem to be any drivers on the Toshiba site for my exact model. The closest I can get is for the model "Satellite L750-BT4N22" but I'm worried it'll start BSODing again.

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Here ya go...
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_7173144F&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_7173144F
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_0280

Looks like its an Atheros AR9002WB-1NG. If you dbl click on the entry again then go to driver tab, whats the version of the driver??

And If there's an advanced tab under the entry in device manager. is radio on/off on enable?

It looks like some people managed to fix this prob (looks like a known prob with Win10, (It may not be compatible with 10, the driver Win10 installs), with this Atheros adapter) a Win8 driver worked better

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Could you link the driver here please because honestly I cant find it anywhere, and each time I gotta check up on sth I have to restart my computer and boot Win10 up again. (I'm on Ubuntu)

Try]https://www.atheros-drivers.com/download-driver-nr-309-for-atheros-AR9002WB-and-Windows10.html]Try this[/url]

Extract it then go back to the entry in device manager. Driver tab / update driver / browse my computer / let me pick.

Point it to the inf file. Thats in the folder you extracted.

If one of the entries that come up is AR9002WB-1NG, select it. Then wait for to install then see what happens

Just checked AR9002WB-1NG does appear when you select the inf file and select Qualcomm on the left.

AR9002WB-1NG is one of the options in the right window

If it doesnt work go to the driver tab for it roll back the driver

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Installed. Didn't work. The driver I had on earlier was the same one that you linked, just a version that is 2 months older. The one you gave me was v10.0.0.329 & the one that was already intalled was v10.0.0.326.

Try this one off the windows catalog site then

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=AR9002WB-1NG

The 5th one down for 8.1. Its an earlier version 10.0.0.270 for 8.1 but it may work. If that doesnt work try the one under it.

You need a program that can extract cab files. Extract it then do the same thing as above. Or right mouse on the inf file / install

You have to use IE to use that site

BORG_31

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I FOUND A SOLUTION!
Turns out, it wasn't a driver problem. I was messing around with frequencies when I decided to check the DNS and IPv6 addresses. Turns out they were set to some bogus, random number. I set it back to "Obtain IPv6 address automatically" and it instantly started working again! Appreciate the help you guys.
Thanks!
(quote me so I can pick it as the solution)

Solution