[SOLVED] Windows 10 Slow Performance No matter What, Guide Me Good People

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi, i hope everyone is doing well

My PC configuration is as follows

i5 2400 - Nvidia GT 1030 - 8GB DDR3 -HDD - 450W SMPS

So the PC is not top of line but its decent perhaps i think and what i've done on my part is doubled checked CPU temps and they are normal, GPU temps too
Changed HDD
All drivers are up to date and so on and even installed windows 7 ,yeah whipped out that bad boy and PC runs smooth on 7 but i've done multiple Clean installs of windows 10,
And yet the PC boots Slow on win 10 and gets better once booted after a slow process and a few minutes later is almost smooth but again under little load becomes slow-ish
Games run fine with decent frame rates of 45 - 60 on 720p and lower settings

It makes me wonder what could it be ,power issue but then games run fine
Btw i've tried different versions of windows through all updates and even downloaded the 2004 version from microsoft website and installed that too yet the same issue

Help me good people and thanks for all guidance

Solution
Your hard drive is a big part of the problem for slow boot times and occasional sluggishness. An SSD would make a big difference in that respect. It wouldn't do anything for gaming performance. For general usage that CPU isn't that bad. For gaming it's certainly poor for modern games as is the GPU and RAM.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
From what I seeur problems are rather hardware related. I'm not judging but you have quite not impressive cpu with only 4 cores, decent gpu but only 8 gb of ram (which is ok but you really should have 16 preferably running in dual channel 2x8gb). I don't see how we could improve ur system/game performace without getting some better parts. However is that possible or no depends on what motherboard you have, you did not list it and neither any specifics about ur hdd. If you have regularold hdd that's where I would start and switching to ssd, it will cut ur booting time in half and if ur motherboard supports it even better m.2 disk which will further cut in half what was already cut.

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
From what I seeur problems are rather hardware related. I'm not judging but you have quite not impressive cpu with only 4 cores, decent gpu but only 8 gb of ram (which is ok but you really should have 16 preferably running in dual channel 2x8gb). I don't see how we could improve ur system/game performace without getting some better parts. However is that possible or no depends on what motherboard you have, you did not list it and neither any specifics about ur hdd. If you have regularold hdd that's where I would start and switching to ssd, it will cut ur booting time in half and if ur motherboard supports it even better m.2 disk which will further cut in half what was already cut.
Hi,thanks for the reply

So the motherboard is a foxconn h61mxe (https://www.cnet.com/products/foxconn-h61mxv-motherboard-micro-atx-lga1155-socket-h61/)
Mobo supports only 2nd & 3rd generation

And the HDD is a Seagate Pipeline with a Spin Speed of 5900 RPM and 8MB Cache Memory

now that you say it im wondering ,is it the HDD or something else

Any advise please if SSD would help or CPU is the culprit

Thanks

Your hard drive is a big part of the problem for slow boot times and occasional sluggishness. An SSD would make a big difference in that respect. It wouldn't do anything for gaming performance. For general usage that CPU isn't that bad. For gaming it's certainly poor for modern games as is the GPU and RAM.

Solution

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Thanks ,now i know where the problem lies and yeah i know the rig isnt the best but once pandemic is over and things get better financially i do plan to upgrade and get a decent PC

Even though right now its giving me 40-50 FPS in star wars jedi fallen order on medium ,motion blur off and dynamic resolution on

But yes i do understand its limitations and need to upgrade

Again ,a big huge thanks

Reactions: velocityg4

TRENDING THREADS