[SOLVED] Windows 10 Slow (SSD) after using USB to SATA HD Adaptor

Oct 1, 2019
I recently used an USB to SATA hard drive adapter to get some data off of an old hard drive.
I had to perform a hard boot as my PC froze.
Since then my Windows 10 on my newer SSD has become really slow to boot and load programs once booted. It was working really good before using the adapter.

I am assuming the hard boot corrupted some files and I need to do a Windows 10 repair but I figured I would check here in case I am missing something.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Solution
It runs good from Safe mode as well so I am thinking it is a software issue.

Attaching old drives to newer PC's can cause some corruption depending on how old/corrupted that drive is. I attached a 20 year old drive to my PC to take the data off it for my family, I succeeded, but it did something to my windows forcing me to re-install the OS.
Oct 1, 2019
Thank you!

I thought I had it fixed after running chkdsk /r and then running AVG Tuneup. It seemed to work fine again. When I booted it back up this morning, same thing. It seems the problem is with the boot up. Once I have the PC running for about an hour it runs fine.

I am going to check on a few things, back up some files and then run Windows Repair.

I also noticed it is booting slow from the USB Windows Repair drive.

Memory tests came back good as well as hard drive checks.

Oct 1, 2019
Attaching old drives to newer PC's can cause some corruption depending on how old/corrupted that drive is. I attached a 20 year old drive to my PC to take the data off it for my family, I succeeded, but it did something to my windows forcing me to re-install the OS.

It makes sense. It is the most logical problem I can think of since it started right after. Funny thing is all my old drives were wiped so I did not get anything off of them.

I will update the post after I backup and try repair/reinstall. Hoping to keep my personal files in tact.