Question Windows 10 slow typing

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Okay, so a few months ago I bought a prebuilt gaming PC. Pretty much since the beginning I've been noticing this issue where there is a slight lag whenever I type. For instance, as I'm typing right now, I see a slight lag while typing.

However, when I'm gaming this never happens. Only when idle.

What could be causing this? Is this a hardware issue? Did the guy's who built the PC incorrectly install a driver or something?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

if that doesn't help, try safe mode
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose startup options
  7. click the restart button
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode

any different in safe mode? if its okay here, it could be a driver.

Jul 7, 2021
choose troubleshoot

I think trouble shooter will not work because I tried this too on my computer. At one step it shows like issue is fixed but seems nothing.

You should try fixing by Windows 10 Command Prompt.

1.Search cmd and right click and choose run as administrator.
2.Command Prompt window, execute the below command and hit enter

Code:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And then reboot. Hope this works for you,

In my case there was lag while typing but when I type on online notepad or doing typing test on wpmtest.org there was no lag. It is weird but I don't know why?

Last edited: