Windows 10 - Some "Start Menu" Fuctions Not Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimits7

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and I notice that some of the "Start Menu" functions do not work.

For example:

- When I use "Pin to Start" nothing gets pinned.
- When I try to use "Don't show in this list" under the "Most used" section the app still remains showing.
- When I go under "Settings > Personalization > Start" screen and turn OFF "Show most used apps" this section is still visible under the "Start Menu".

Does anyone know how I can fix these issues and get the "Start Menu" working properly again?

Thank you!

Solution
Hello,

Please try the following solutions;

Before you proceed, you may want to create a system restore point first, so that you can revert back, if you find that the results are not what you expected.

1] Run the following command in an elevated command prompt, to run the System File Checker.

sfc /scannow

Restart after the scan is over and see if it helped.

2] Repair Windows Image. Open an elevated CMD (Command Prompt) copy-paste the following and hit Enter

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3] Make Start full screen and back. Enable Tablet Mode and Start Screen and then go back. See if this toggling has helped.

4] Open an elevated PowerShell windows type the...

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

Please try the following solutions;

Before you proceed, you may want to create a system restore point first, so that you can revert back, if you find that the results are not what you expected.

1] Run the following command in an elevated command prompt, to run the System File Checker.

sfc /scannow

2] Repair Windows Image. Open an elevated CMD (Command Prompt) copy-paste the following and hit Enter

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3] Make Start full screen and back. Enable Tablet Mode and Start Screen and then go back. See if this toggling has helped.

4] Open an elevated PowerShell windows type the following and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

To open an elevated PowerShell window, type PowerShellp in taskbar Search, and in the result ‘Windows Powershell’ which appears, right-click and select Run as administrator.

This should restart or reset the default settings of your "Start Menu" functions again on your Windows 10.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.