Windows 10 Sound Problems (Realtek, Asus ROG G750)

ventorsh23

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Hello!

Two weeks ago when I downloaded and updated to windows 10 I've been having some problems, mainly with sound. For example, in chrome if im watching a video and then pause it and then come back after a while, the volume is extremely high and the moment I decrease/increase it it goes back to the original volume level. I'm using the Realtek High Definition Speakers through my playback device and I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling audio drivers, tweaking playback device setting properties, etc. but none of them seem to work for me and the problem still persists. Not only that but the audio seems to sound really weird compared to when I had windows 8 when its on speakers and not on headsets/headphones.

I even asked my friend who had the same computer (Asus ROG G750 JX) and he said he had the EXACT same problem after upgrading to windows 10, so i'd like to know if this is a JX thing or if anyone else is having this problem and how to solve it.

I have even downloaded the new audio drivers from http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...&m=Audio&os=30 that was on 8/25 and the volume still fluctuates every time i pause a youtube vid.

Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try this first > http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2763685/stop-windows-automatically-updating-device-drivers.html then uninstall your audio drivers.

Reinstall Win10 drivers from Asus and also try audio codec drivers from http://www.realtek.com.tw/

Also resetting the operating system under system recovery (Like a fresh install) may do away with any problems an upgrade over the top might endure, which is not uncommon to happen.

Also just a hint/side note. If you're using surround sound speakers and not getting your rears working, change the output jacks, somewhere between Win10 and Realtek they've switched the colours, so black for rears is now grey if your motherboard has these.

ventorsh23

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

Unfortunately, as I mentioned a bit, I did try uninstalling/reinstalling drivers (even with the window auto update off) and using realtek codecs, asus sound drivers yet the problem persists =/

boju

Titan
Ambassador
A reset 'might' be your only other option left to try then. Search about Win10 reset/fresh installs and how it's helped people with various issues.

Would be my next step if all else fails. A reset, you do have the option to keep your files but the extent of how much im not sure, i haven't tried it. I just did a fresh install using Microsoft's media creation tool, downloaded Win10 and it configured a bootable USB stick for me. Just a bit of information for you if it comes in handy.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Another idea that came to mind is to do with Loudness EQ. In either Windows audio playback properties or realtek HD Audio Manager.

Try unchecking it if it's checked and reboot. See if the audio plays up, and if its ok, try turning it back on.

Also another idea is if you had Loudness EQ already checked, maybe uncheck it before uninstalling/reinstalling drivers could help.

Edit; and also lowering the sound quality to something like DVD quality, as reinstalling could have set it too high, just another thing to play around with.

phanik2007

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I have the same problem, even with a newer model. Did you get to fix it finally? I am still struggling. Only difference is, I purchased a laptop (ROG WH71) with windows 10 already installed in it

phanik2007

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015

I have the same problem, even with a newer model. Did you get to fix it finally? I am still struggling. Only difference is, I purchased a laptop (ROG WH71) with windows 10 already installed in it

77ded77

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Suite a la mise à niveau vers Windows 10 sur mon Asus G750, j'ai eu un Problème de son qui grissille.

La solution :

Icone Windows 10 (en bas à gauche dans la "barre des taches"--->Bouton droit (souris)--->Gestionnaire de périphériques--->Contrôleurs audio--->Realtek Hight Définition Audio--->Mettre à jour le pilote--->Rechercher automatiquement un pilote mis à jour.

Pour moi, ça a fonctionné.

Francisco_11

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

Look for AudioWizard on your pc. It's one of those programs that came with your laptop: I have the same laptop as you though my problem was that the sound was too "Intense" and I remembered from a previous reset to factory settings that ROG G750JX comes with a program tha change the sound from "war room, battlefield, action, etc". Maybe that's what is interfering with your sound as well.
Hope I was of some help to you.

TRENDING THREADS