Question Windows 10 Spell Check Problem (Different language)

Zane_Alto

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
Whenever I am typing in search bars or anything almost always it says that I am misspelling something and when I try to correct it, it says all these German word suggestions when my pc is set to English. The only way I don't have to deal with this is when I am typing right in here or in youtube comments since I use Grammarly (Grammarly only works in comment sections I guess) Thanks in advance

I know this is a month old, but here is the answer in case the OP is still dealing with his language issue.

You can change Windows 10 language in Settings> Time & Language> Region & Language> Add a Language. Under the heading Languages there is a drop down box; click on the down symbol and see if English is a choice. If not under the heading Preferred Language is gray circle with a plus sign that says Add a Language. Press on the button and you will see a list of languages, choose English. After you have added English, go back to the drop down box and change the language (German?) to English. You may need to use MS Word, which I will explain if the above does not work.

Last edited: