Windows 10 startup repair taking too long!

NildM3

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
Hello! Yesterday i went into BIOS because my pc was taking to long to boot. I noticed that windows had my cd/dvd rom as a priority boot. The second was my hdd. So i changed it, i made my hdd the priority to boot from. I saved and exit. PC restarted. On the windows loading screen with the blue windows icon, it started diagnosing disk errors. After that it said "repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."
It has been like this for over 6 hours now. It seems the process is still going on, and the circle is rotating, meaning it has not frozen. Please i need some help on what to do now. Should i leave it as long as it takes? Should i shut it down manually? Please help!

P.S. yesterday windows updated (huge update took like 6 hours to download and install. Installation looked like i was upgrading from windows 8 to 10)

My specs:

HP HPE-500y
Amd phenom II x6 1045T 2.4 GHz
8 gb ram ddr3
Evga Gtx 750ti SC
HDD 1.5 T (not sure about the brand)
Motherboard (not sure)

Lutfij

Titan
1| It's best to leave the process as is as any premature procedure can and will cause your OS to go belly up.
2| Should the system go south it's also advised to reinstall your OS using a recreated bootable USB installer
3| You can open your case side panel and scope out the specs or perhaps shoot us a picture to take a look. You can likewise use CPU-Z to identify your specs but with a non functioning OS, I doubt the latter will be of any assistance.
4| Are you sure your BIOS is up to date and that you've turned off the option for windows to update your device drivers?
5| You may try a system restore or a repair install to avoid the reinstallation of your OS but it may eventually come to that.

If you do loose data over this scenario, then lesson learned, back up your critical data for that rainy day.

TRENDING THREADS