Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

SorryImSwag

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
This is a dupe post but it explains what I'm suffering from perfectly. I have the exact same problem as below. The issue started yesterday. I was using the xbox one controller just fine 2 days ago.

I have 2 Xbox Wireless gamepads, which I use with USB cables (I don't have the receivers at the moment). Everything was working fine until now. Didn't use them for a few weeks and now the PC just does not react in any manner to connecting them.

The only thing that happens is a controller vibrates when connected, but even the white lamp in the middle does not light up at all. There is no device connected/disconnected sound when I plug any of them in any port (I have tried all USB ports on the PC and external USB hub) and I could not find them being detected as anything in the device manager either.

Struggling for a couple days now -- I don't even have an entry point to fix the problem since the system just ignores the existence of the controllers. Other USB devices don't seem to cause any trouble on this PC and the controllers work well on another PC.

I7 4770K @4.2ghz
gaz87x-oc
2x8gb @ 1600mah
120gb ssd boot drive, 500gb ssd, 1tb hdd
GTX 1080
Windows 10 version 1803 (build 17134.556)

I re installed all the usb drivers in device manager and that did nothing. Also I've been using this computer with the same bios update for over 2 years and have never had an issue with connecting a controller until now.

Lutfij

Titan
List your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers changes your experience. You might also want to check and see which BIOS version you're on for your motherboard.

SorryImSwag

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

Ok I updated my post with more information.