Question Windows 10 strange bug with external hard drives.

Dec 20, 2019
I've experienced this bug before, but it's something that never constantly happened.

I backup regularly with a backup program to a portable hard drive (2.5" enclosure i got on amazon), as well as a 3.5" drive in one of those toaster type docks. I have this bug in where A backup task freezes and hangs. I try to cancel it in the program Bvckup 2, but it simply stays at "cancelling." I then try and access the drive in windows explorer. It never loads. The computer becomes unresponsive to tasks, and If i try to log out or shutdown/restart, it never does. I ended up having to hit the reset button on my computer. I've notice this happen when I copy from one external to another. When i previously had this issue, the same thing would happen when copying files via explorer. It would hang, and the computer would start acting up.

This time, I think I've been able to pinpoint the cause as being oracle virtualbox which i use regularly. The failed backup completed flawlessly when i ran it without a virtual machine also running.

It may be worth mentioning that these are bitlocker encrypted drives.
Anything to worry about?