Windows 10 strange problem. ( apps closing and reopening )

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Hello.

I have a strange problem with Windows 10.

I shutdown my PC in the evening. In the morning when i wake up i have some strange problems.

First, apps are still here on windows even i shutdown my PC. Apps like Steam, Discord, Google Chrome are still on my screen, they don't need time to launch etc like every new windows launching.

Secondly. Discord is reopening with no reason. I use this app for chatting and from no-where it's appears that is loading again, like first time opening. In google chrome when i'm on a page, suddenly appears that error : "Ah, snap etc... ". So this is strange.

Third, Windows gets BSOD in short time after this : "Kernel security error, driver irq error, memory management.. all of this"

When it opens again after BSOD, it come back to normal without any errors and all apps are opening normally.

So guys what do you think it is ?

Sorry for bad english.

Solution
also it could be your "fast startup" setting that is causing htat issue.
* open control panel
* click power otions.
* click "choose what the power buttons do"
* click "change settings that are currently unavailable"
* uncheck "fast startup"
* save changes.
* restart.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
can you go to this site and download and run the tool? you can post the link of the result here. this will show us the specs of your hardware.
http://userbenchmark.com/

it could be a couple of things
* RAM is dying
* windows system files got corrupted
* a recent windows update have corrupted some drivers
* a virus/malware

you can try running this to do a quick check of your windows
* press winkey+s. type "cmd". press ctrl+shift+enter
* type "sfc /scannow"

also visit your motherboards website, and download and reinstall drivers from there starting with your ChipsetINF driver.

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6765373

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
yah thanks for that. i realized you only have 1 stick of RAM. you may need to borrow an extra RAM from somewhere/someone to test if this is the cause. make sure its compatible with your mobo tho. if you are thinking of replacing it, better buy a 2x8Gb instead. you'll have benefits of the dual channel memory from your board.

i also noticed there are alot of memory stability updates for your BIOS but you already have the latest already so thats fine.
just do the windows integrity check for now and see how it goes. also try the device drivers reinstall. theres been alot of issues with windows updates conflicting with drivers lately after the creators update.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
also it could be your "fast startup" setting that is causing htat issue.
* open control panel
* click power otions.
* click "choose what the power buttons do"
* click "change settings that are currently unavailable"
* uncheck "fast startup"
* save changes.
* restart.

Solution

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

Did as you said.

The scannow was good, no issues.

I disabled the startup from control panel. Closed the PC then open it again and Chrome as open on same page i left when i shutdown my PC. Now i'm expecting a BSOD.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
can you try 2 or 3 more restarts and see if the state of your computer has cleared already? or you can do a shutdown instead. hold the "shift" button when you click on shutdown. after your PC has gone quiet. press the power button.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
then it was the session state that got corrupted. maybe when you turned on it was from the sleep/hibernation mode and did not properly start up. you can leave also the "fast startup" disabled as is if you want. this feature causes more problems than convenience imo.