Windows 10 Stuck at 'Choose Keyboard Layout'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGuy444

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Ok well I should start at the beginning-ish.
I recently update Windows 10 to the current newest update, and I noticed that I had a glitch where my other display (I have 2 displays) just turned off. I went to the settings to check it and it wouldn't identify it as being there so I decided to restart. Once it finishes showing the first Windows 10 splash screen both screens (it recognized the other screen after restart) went black. Nothing would appear. Not even a cursor of my mouse.

So here is where the problem lies now: I decided to restart again and this time something did happen. On my screen it asked me what keyboard I am using. Here is the kicker, nothing was being detected. My USB Mouse (which works fine otherwise) and my hardwired USB Keyboard (works too) just wouldn't be detected. I do not have any of the "gaming" mouses. They are both just very basic Logitech mouse and keyboard designed for such events.

Sorry if this was asked someone but the search feature on your website didn't point out anything so.

Solution
Hello GoldenGuy444

Since you are stuck at the boot process itself, it looks like you need to burn the ISO image of Windows 10 to a physical disc, boot the PC using the DVD, and keeping the secondary display, USB keyboard and mouse connected, you need to Reset the computer to its factory defaults.

You can follow the instructions in this video to reset your Windows 10 PC. Even though the video focuses on Windows 8.1, the process of resetting Windows 10 is identical with the exception that in the latter you must choose Keep my files instead of Remove everything. Doing so ensures that your personal files and data remain intact.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
Hello GoldenGuy444

Since you are stuck at the boot process itself, it looks like you need to burn the ISO image of Windows 10 to a physical disc, boot the PC using the DVD, and keeping the secondary display, USB keyboard and mouse connected, you need to Reset the computer to its factory defaults.

You can follow the instructions in this video to reset your Windows 10 PC. Even though the video focuses on Windows 8.1, the process of resetting Windows 10 is identical with the exception that in the latter you must choose Keep my files instead of Remove everything. Doing so ensures that your personal files and data remain intact.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.