nlightningmusic

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017
Hi everyone! I’m struggling with a huge issue: I have Windows 10 installed on a 500GB SSD, and apparently I screwed something up while messing with partitions and switching hard drives around (among other things) while building a second rig from spare parts.

The actual issue I’m facing is that Windows no longer boots, it just shows the Windows logo for a couple seconds, goes black, and then goes to a never-ending black screen with white spinning dots.

I can see all of my data on this drive when booting from another copy of Windows, but strangely, the drive shows up in file explorer as being 70GB large and being empty (obviously false since all of my files are still inside).

I’ve done chkdsk multiple times (no errors) and tried system repair, nothing seems to be getting this OS working or giving any indication what the issue is. Would be extremely grateful for some help here!

Solution
Hi everyone! I’m struggling with a huge issue: I have Windows 10 installed on a 500GB SSD, and apparently I screwed something up while messing with partitions and switching hard drives around (among other things) while building a second rig from spare parts.

The actual issue I’m facing is that Windows no longer boots, it just shows the Windows logo for a couple seconds, goes black, and then goes to a never-ending black screen with white spinning dots.

I can see all of my data on this drive when booting from another copy of Windows, but strangely, the drive shows up in file explorer as being 70GB large and being empty (obviously false since all of my files are still inside).

I’ve done chkdsk multiple times (no errors) and tried...

I’ve done chkdsk multiple times (no errors) and tried system repair, nothing seems to be getting this OS working or giving any indication what the issue is. Would be extremely grateful for some help here!
You removed a hdd-ssd from your computer didn't you? That specific drive you removed had windows boot partition i have had this problem with several computers i help with. For some reasons windows install manager flr some reason didn't see the hdd-sdd being installed to fit for the boot partition and figured one of the other drivers available was mlre sutable. You removed that drive you need tou use windows 10 usb bootable or dvd and repair windows.

Solution