Windows 10 stuck in loop

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hi, so I was downloading an update for my Windows 10 PC. So I left my PC running for a few hours. I came back to check on it but my PC keeps on restarting like this:

>>Shows the intel logo
>>Shows the windows logo and those circle dots moving around
>>Blank screen for 2-3 seconds.
>>It shows a message "Restoring previous version of Windows
>>Restarts the PC and same thing happens like step 1.

I don't want to lose my data because I have some important files and stuff. Can someone help me to fix this problem? If I am correct my PC was downloading the anniversary update and then the problem started. Thanks for reading.
-Chillu4

Solution
Well tbh it's kind of hard to understand you. If Windows can't repair the installation I doubt you'll be able to. Command Line or otherwise.. but try running some checks in MS DOS like DSKCHK. And always remember the importance of backups in future.
Sorry to hear that man. It can be kinda depressing lol. Have u tried resetting BIOS? Have u ever changed settings in them? Or tried booting into recovery mode, if your hdd has a MS partition. If not put thr media creation tool onto USB and see if Windows can fix itself.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

I did everything u said but it did not work. I noticed something when the PC was looping. A exe called winpeshl.exe opened for a split second. Got the name via recording it and pausing. So is winpeshl.exe causing the problem?

Did u manage to open the Windows recovery tool? Did it not work? Or not even load up? That error is a Windows system file, so your problem is likely software related. You really need to get Windows recovery to boot from either USB or partition. If you cna get into your BIOS make sure the first boot option is the USB with the Windows image on. Also it may help if you are able to boot in safe mode. If the Windows repair tool cant fix it then it could be a hardware fault but thats less likely and you need to rule out Windows first. If you give some details about your system then maybe we can give you more specific advice, but basically it looks like a corrupt registry or system file in your OS.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

I think I might have not properly downloaded the media creation tool into my usb. I will try to convert the .iso file and see if it works again in my usb.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
So I found out that the iso is corrupted so I need to redownload it. I have a really slow internet connection, Is there a way to do it without the .iso? I cannot boot into safe mode sadly.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Ok so I bootes my PC with it and it says "It looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your PC and click Yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click No." When I remove the usb and click press it starts looping again.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Tired without removing usb. Best part is I managed to get access to command prompt via the boot created in the usb. So maybe it can help us fix it right? And for upgrading it forces me to do a clean install which is a no to me.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Ok. Let me tell you everything in detail.

>> I the usb into usb slot and pc boots to it
>> shows a message "it looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your PC and click Yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click No."
>> I then clicked yes while usb IS STILL in the slot
>> same thing happens as step 1.

Alternative version (if i removed usb)
>>booted to usb
>> same dialogue box. I click yes and remove usb from slot.
>> the boot loop starts.

Instead of trying to install, is there an option somewhere to Repair My Computer? There are other tools on the installation USB and you need to use them. I am guessing the recovery partitions on your install are damaged and it defaults to those if there is no other option to boot from. Look for the recovery tools on the USB installation media.

Chillu4

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
As i stated in somw post abovw i can access comand prompt. I tried resseting this pc (keep files), and uses othwr tool which fixes the PC but all of them failed. So command prompt is the only thing working

Well tbh it's kind of hard to understand you. If Windows can't repair the installation I doubt you'll be able to. Command Line or otherwise.. but try running some checks in MS DOS like DSKCHK. And always remember the importance of backups in future.

Solution