Question Windows 10 stuck on black screen with loading circle and auto repair blue screens

Redrevo117

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
So I lost power this morning and my pc was asleep when It lost power so I powered it on and it would get stuck on a black screen immediately after the windows logo so I tried entering the automatic repair mode and it would blue screen with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.

And that is the only way to enter safe mode through windows 10s boot right? So I unplugged my other 2 hard drives and now it booted up. So I’m gonna need to fix the repair mode which I don’t know where to start on, and can I now shut it down and plug in my other HDDs now that it booted?

Bassplate

Reputable
So I lost power this morning and my pc was asleep when It lost power so I powered it on and it would get stuck on a black screen immediately after the windows logo so I tried entering the automatic repair mode and it would blue screen with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.

And that is the only way to enter safe mode through windows 10s boot right? So I unplugged my other 2 hard drives and now it booted up. So I’m gonna need to fix the repair mode which I don’t know where to start on, and can I now shut it down and plug in my other HDDs now that it booted?
Hi There :benetton:
Well yeah you can try to insert your other drives now after you successfully booted up into windows ...When the power cuts of in Sleep mode It will loses it memory of that specific point when windows was shutted down and to remain at the veriest spot when turned on...So it basically forgotten where to start windows from the last time it was shut down.
Reinsert your HDD's and see if drivers are still installed on the system.

Redrevo117

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Hi There :benetton:
Well yeah you can try to insert your other drives now after you successfully booted up into windows ...When the power cuts of in Sleep mode It will loses it memory of that specific point when windows was shutted down and to remain at the veriest spot when turned on...So it basically forgotten where to start windows from the last time it was shut down.
Reinsert your HDD's and see if drivers are still installed on the system.

I tried connecting the HDDs again and it got stuck on the black screen after the windows logo again

Redrevo117

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
Disconnected them again and it is now stuck on the black screen with them disconnected

EDIT: it finally booted again it took about 10 minutes tho which is not normal for this system

Last edited:

Redrevo117

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
I have run the sfc/scannow command it did find some corrupted files but this problem is still persisting I cannot boot into safe mode or repair the startup Because it blue screens while preparing the automatic repair.

Now it will boot up with the other HDDs but it is taking almost 4 minutes from just after the logo to showing the desktop which normally only took a minute