[SOLVED] Windows 10 (Stuck on Copying Files 0%)

Dec 6, 2021
I was editing a video in Adobe After Effects when my computer suddenly froze. 10 seconds later I got a blue screen saying there was an error. I proceeded to then restart my computer and when it turned back on my MSI Bios opened. I kept trying to close it but it just kept reopening. I eventually found out that online I had to switch my bios mode to CMD instead of UEFI. That ended up closing bios but when I restarted my computer, it said that I had to plug in a boot USB. My friend let me borrow one of his and set up the windows boot USB for me and I plugged it in. Then my computer asked me to install windows and get a license product key. I got my license key a couple years back when it came with my pc so it was supposed to be in my hardware. But unfortunately my computer didn't recognize it so now I clicked "no product key "and proceeded to install windows under my new 500GB SSD hard drive that I purchased yesterday. I notice that when windows is trying to install it shows an hourglass and takes 20-40 minutes before it allows me to proceed to the next step. As I finally reach the installing windows part, it stops on "copying windows files" and stays on 0%. I waited 3 hours and nothing happened so I just turned off my computer. I have been stressing out about this as I have spent lots of money and many hours trying to figure out what the issue is. If anyone knows of any solution to my problem please let me know.

Solution
D
get WhoCrashed and report findings here, there are BSOD guru's here who can help with the BSOD you got when this happened
Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

thermal issues could have caused the initial and perhaps fatal error, maybe even power supply issues, or as mentioned above, mobo failure of some sort like the drive controller

i would also do as instructed above and test RAM as well.
I was editing a video in Adobe After Effects when my computer suddenly froze. 10 seconds later I got a blue screen saying there was an error. I proceeded to then restart my computer and when it turned back on my MSI Bios opened. I kept trying to close it but it just kept reopening. I eventually found out that online I had to switch my bios mode to CMD instead of UEFI. That ended up closing bios but when I restarted my computer, it said that I had to plug in a boot USB. My friend let me borrow one of his and set up the windows boot USB for me and I plugged it in. Then my computer asked me to install windows and get a license product key. I got my license key a couple years back when it came with my pc so it was supposed to be in my hardware. But unfortunately my computer didn't recognize it so now I clicked "no product key "and proceeded to install windows under my new 500GB SSD hard drive that I purchased yesterday. I notice that when windows is trying to install it shows an hourglass and takes 20-40 minutes before it allows me to proceed to the next step. As I finally reach the installing windows part, it stops on "copying windows files" and stays on 0%. I waited 3 hours and nothing happened so I just turned off my computer. I have been stressing out about this as I have spent lots of money and many hours trying to figure out what the issue is. If anyone knows of any solution to my problem please let me know.
Just a test.
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot it up and let it fly......no errors allowed.

D

Deleted member 14196

get WhoCrashed and report findings here, there are BSOD guru's here who can help with the BSOD you got when this happened
Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

thermal issues could have caused the initial and perhaps fatal error, maybe even power supply issues, or as mentioned above, mobo failure of some sort like the drive controller

i would also do as instructed above and test RAM as well.

Solution