Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in /forums/windows-10.13/.
But still, this issue is driving me insane, I'm seriously starting to lose my temper, I don't know the starting point, but my PC refuses to boot 95% of the time, it gets stuck on that "Loading dots logo" from Windows and gets stuck there, if I wait long enough my screen just gets black and that's it, I can boot 100% of the time on Safe mode and/or if I uninstall my NVIDIA driver, I'm starting to consider faulty hardware but when I manage to log into Windows I can literally stress all of my components at once (CPU+GPU+SSD+RAM) and the system stays stable like nothing is happening, that's what making me crazy.
If any of you guys with more experience than me have seen anything like this and know what's going on I would be dearly grateful.

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
What are the specs for this system (make/model of all components)? What, if anything, did you change just before this problem started happening?
The specs are in my signature (Posted below). I'm not totally sure, but the latest update in my hardware was the NVMe SSD, I did every test possible on it and everything seems fine, I might soon try formating my PC and booting on my SATA SSD and see if the problem occurs.

GALAX GeForce RTX 3070 SG | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB (2x16) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus | DeepCool Gamer Storm Assassin III | SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB | XPG Core Reactor 750W 80+ Gold | Lian Li Lancool 215 | Acer KG251QF 24.5" LED TN - Full HD 144Hz + Philips 242V8A 23.8" LCD IPS - Full HD 75Hz

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Do you have access to another GPU? If so, can you swap into this rig to see if it will boot normally?
Sadly, no. I'll try contacting a friend to see if he can borrow his GPU to test. However, as we live relatively far from each other, I will test other ways in the meantime. I'll try changing the NVMe slot and also, as recommended by the bud above, getting into contact with NVIDIA to understand wth is going on. At least most of the components are still within the warranty period, in the worst case I can still resort to that.

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Update: Found out that it apparently only happens when the GPU is connected to the top PCIe slot...
Update²: Setting the main PCIe to Gen 3 "fixes" the issue.
Update³: Replaced the MOBO, problem still persists. I'm starting to consider that's a BIOS fault or, less likely, my GPU or CPU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.