Windows 10 Stuck on loading/taking too long on loading

mpty

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Lately my pc boots WAY TOO slow. I have windows 10 on my ssd and a 3tb WDB Hdd for mass storage.
I noticed that sometimes when it boots, the "Welcome" screen appears then it just goes black for like 2-3 minutes and then loads my desktop, sometimes it doesnt even give me the welcome screen and simply doesnt boot.
I have already re-installed a fresh copy of windows and same happens.
PD: only does this if i shut down or turn off the PSU switch.

CPU: i7-6700k Stock
Mobo: Asus maximus hero VIII(Latest BIOS available)
ssd: kingston sv300 120gb
HDD: 3tb WD Black

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If the boot drive boots without incident and properly functions while it is the sole drive connected in the system, then the problem lies with the HDD secondary drive. It's probably one of your games or some other program on the HDD that's causing the problem.

Undertake the basic troubleshooting steps I mentioned previously and see if you can determine what's causing the problem.

And just to ensure there's no problem with the WD HDD itself, check it out with the WD Data Lifeguard program.

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Sounds like a failing SSD. Have you tried using a program to show the health of said drive?

Well, what - if any - troubleshooting/housekeeping steps have you taken to remedy the situation?

Have you performed disk cleanups, checked for malware/viruses, checked your startup programs, run sfc /scannow to determine if any file integrity problems, checked Task Manager to determine if any clues there?

Can we assume if you boot to the OS with ONLY the SSD installed, and not the secondary drive, no problem with the boot and functioning of the SSD?

If the boot drive boots without incident and properly functions while it is the sole drive connected in the system, then the problem lies with the HDD secondary drive. It's probably one of your games or some other program on the HDD that's causing the problem.

Undertake the basic troubleshooting steps I mentioned previously and see if you can determine what's causing the problem.

And just to ensure there's no problem with the WD HDD itself, check it out with the WD Data Lifeguard program.

Solution