Question Windows 10 stucked on loading

Dec 22, 2018
Hello, i just built a new pc. Everything was fine, my parts are showing up on the motherboard, however after installing Windows 10 using a usb drive, it would freeze at the windows logo loading screen. Can anybody help me ? I don’t know what to do to fix it.

My specs are
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus b450f gaming mobo
Corsair vengeance pro rgb 16 gb 3200
Samsung 860 evo 500 gb ssd
Gigabyte rtx 2060

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing is to make sure you are letting it load. The first time you turn Windows on, it's going to take some waiting while it sets up. You might have to leave it for half and hour before it actually starts. Other than that, what PSU do you have, as it may not be strong enough for your setup, and if so could be causing the problem.

Dec 22, 2018
The first thing is to make sure you are letting it load. The first time you turn Windows on, it's going to take some waiting while it sets up. You might have to leave it for half and hour before it actually starts. Other than that, what PSU do you have, as it may not be strong enough for your setup, and if so could be causing the problem.
I have a evga 650 watt bronze rated power supply. So i think it should be enough for the set up right

Yes, that is a good enough PSU. Once Windows is installed and it restarts to setup (this is where it freezes, right?) did you take the USB drive out? You should do this as it is no longer needed at this point, and often creates conflicts if you leave it in.

Reactions: rbagro
Dec 22, 2018
Yes, that is a good enough PSU. Once Windows is installed and it restarts to setup (this is where it freezes, right?) did you take the USB drive out? You should do this as it is no longer needed at this point, and often creates conflicts if you leave it in.

Yes that is correct, so when the installation is complete and prompting to restart (there is a 10 second countdown) thats when i take out the USB drive?

Dec 22, 2018
Update, i took my pc to microcenter, weird thing thats happening was my motherboard would only work with the specific cpu i had, when they tried to put a test cpu, it would not boot. They put a replacement for the motherboard and cpu

Dec 22, 2018
Update, i took my pc to microcenter, weird thing thats happening was my motherboard would only work with the specific cpu i had, when they tried to put a test cpu, it would not boot. They put a replacement for the motherboard and cpu
Another update, after replacing mobo and cpu, it still doing the same.
I have tried switching to my friend’s working ram but its still having the same issue

Dec 22, 2018
i took it in to a shop to see what they can find. It would be so sad if its just a flash drive issue. I spent so much money already trying to fix this lol