[SOLVED] Windows 10 stutters and freezes on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lare111

Honorable
Mar 23, 2015
When I boot up my PC, Windows freezes very shortly in the login screen. If it doesn't freeze there, it stutters for couple seconds after going to desktop and I can't open anything. This happened with my old motherboard and Windows install too! I had some problems with the old motherboard so I reinstalled Windows to see if it can solve the problems. It didn't but I didn't have the stutter for couple days. Then my new motherboard and CPU came and I bought a new Windows license. I downloaded the latest Windows 10 to USB stick, installed it and got the same stuttering problem again.

What can be causing this? I can't even open the resource monitor to see if any process is making my PC freeze. Since I've replaced both motherboard and CPU (the old motherboard eventually died) I've suspected the boot drive. However, it's only 3 months old, good quality and Crystal Disk Info didn't find any problems. I get 3400MB/s read and 2400MB/s write scores in Crystal Disk Mark and I don't have any issues after the stutter disappears on startup. Games and stress tests are running fine too.

My PC specs:
Intel Core i5 11400
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B
MSI Mag B560 Torpedo
16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G
A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB (Boot drive)
WD Blue SN550 1TB
Kingston A400 240GB
Corsair RM550x
SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V TG EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.