Windows 10 Suddenly Freezing Up, Crashing.

blackhawks2013

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I have been having some sudden Windows 10 issues, start a few days ago. Before then, I haven't had any issues with this PC or windows 10 for that matter.

1) The windows button and the task bar give me issues, I have to right click and left click multiple times on the windows button for it to even register, and often I'm unable to type into it

2) All programs suddenly freeze up, and eventually will unfreeze about 30 seconds later. Worth noting I am still able to move my cursor around, but unable to click or get to task manger

3) Chrome tabs and other online programs, such as discord or steam, will disconnect or will be unable to load for a 30 seconds, then all will load at once.

4) Entire OS will freeze up and eventually crash, forcing me to turn off the computer with my cases power button.

I have run multiple malwarebytes scans, nothing comes up. CPU and memory usage levels are normal, and CPU temperatures are also normal (30C) Haven't had any windows updates within the past week or so. Is this a problem with the latest update, and maybe others are having the same problem? Or will I need to restore my SSD and start with a clean OS.

Thanks!

blackhawks2013

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Thanks for the help! Ended up that the main bios was corrupted, and the backup bios was just giving me issues.

TRENDING THREADS