[SOLVED] Windows 10 Suddenly Super Slow/Unresponsive

Fluffly Fluff

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
Once when watching a movie via Netflix and the second time when playing World of Warcraft my very newly built computer suddenly got super ridiculously slow and unresponsive, verging on frozen, but not quite. In both cases I was able to close applications. The mouse would freeze and then be okay suddenly for two seconds. Using an older keyboard with a power button on it I was then able to get the computer to shut down, maybe three minutes after hitting the power button. Then on restart the mouse and everything works fine, but after the login screen, after logging in, the computer is back to being super slow and nearly completely unresponsive again. After again shutting down as above, both times I then entered safe mode, and then restarted and the problem was gone after restarting again and then logging in and back into normal mode. The problem is I need a reliable computer and have no idea what the cause is or how to prevent it from happening again. Any help would rock. Thanks in advance.

Solution
You must troubleshoot your slow pc by applying several solutions like removing unwanted programs from the startup, updating drivers and free up windows 10 system drive. You can refer to the detailed steps of the same on my blog: https://easywebfixes.com/windows-10-slow/
One solution will surely fix the issue on your newly built PC, if it doesn't then do reply back on the same thread.

Fluffly Fluff

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
What is puzzling is that after this problem kicks in suddenly, then the problem goes away after shut down and then starting and before logging in. So on the screen before logging in everything is then fine. But then after logging in the problem is back. Also, it is strange that this happens, the following: If before logging in you simply not log in at that point, but then restart and go to safe mode, and then do nothing in safe mode and then just simply shut down at that point then the system somehow resets and the problem goes away. If you do this then the problem is gone. Hence, it has to be a software problem, not a hardware one. Some process is altering how the system works, which is causing the problem. Anyhow thanks. I am just going to continue to use a different computer for now, and I am just going to download 2004 when prompted--which hopefully fixes the problem.

The system is one with an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard and an AMD 3950x. The drives are supported and at the recommended base speed 3200 MHz, and only 32 GB.

Mar 3, 2020
You must troubleshoot your slow pc by applying several solutions like removing unwanted programs from the startup, updating drivers and free up windows 10 system drive. You can refer to the detailed steps of the same on my blog: https://easywebfixes.com/windows-10-slow/
One solution will surely fix the issue on your newly built PC, if it doesn't then do reply back on the same thread.

Solution