Windows 10 super slow on my HDD

Apr 3, 2018
Sorry for making another of this windows 10 posts but I truly can't find the issue and I don't have the money to test a new hardware.

I am experiencing lots of stuttering while gaming. I noticed that my HDD usage was usually around 100% when those stutters appeared. Besides that windows 10 is extremely slow, even when I try to open my Downloads folder it takes around 30 seconds just to load the contents.
I tried:

-Disabling Superfetch
-Disable Windows search
-Run diskcheck
-Fixed StorAHCI.sys driver
-Run CrystalDiskInfo
-Run CrystalDiskMark

Here's the results:

CrystalDiskMark
https://prnt.sc/j0jqnf

CrystalDiskInfo
http://prntscr.com/j0jqvi

Booting is also a pain. Sometimes it takes a very long time to load (~7min)

What I thing it's weird is that I've only noticed these issues when I made the upgrade to W10. I didn't have any of these problems on Windows 7.

PS: I know it has been a long journey for my HDD but is that signs of a dying HDD ?

Specs:
CPU: i5 4670k
GPU: GTX1060
Mobo: MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX
16GB of RAM running at 1333mhz

Solution
BIOS updates are pretty pain free for motherboards made in the last 7 years or so.
often the BIOS updates are required to match the driver updates since they go hand in hand with spec changes and bug fixes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 3, 2018
I did installed these drivers once and changed nothing, since then the only drivers that I install are GPU related, LAN and Audio.
I never tried updating the BIOS because I saw that it can cause serious damage to the mobo if done wrong (I don't have any exp with it)
Don't have any other device connect apart from mouse/keyboard/headset.

I am waiting for a new piece of hardware, when it arrives I will do a clean install of windows 10 and troubleshot this issue. I will update this topic later.

BIOS updates are pretty pain free for motherboards made in the last 7 years or so.
often the BIOS updates are required to match the driver updates since they go hand in hand with spec changes and bug fixes.

Solution