Windows 10: Sys Thread Exception Not Handled

Time Lost God

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
My PC works fine but when I try to boot Fortnite (I know I know Fortnite this and that) I get the blue screen of death with the error code, SYS_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I've updated my GPU drivers, GTX 1060 6GB, my Intel Drivers say they are up to date but I've never updated them
In event viewer I get the following event errors, event 161, event 41, and event 10016.

This only happens when I try to boot Fortnite. I have also recently bought a new HDD, a Western Digital.

My Specs:
Intel i5 7500
ASUS Prime Z270-A
GSkill Flare 16GB RAM
GTX 1060
Seasonic 520W PSU

Thanks!

Solution
Please add the directory C:\Windows\Minidump into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to help determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this registry file to complete the change for you.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you're working off of one physical storage drive and that you (cloned)migrated your OS from a previous drive...? If so then try and perform a repair install and see if that solves the issue. If you didn't clone your OS then you may want to uninstall and reinstall your game.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Time Lost God

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

I'll try the BIOS update right now but I have a question about the repair install. My hard drive had failed so thats why I got this new one. I had to fresh install the OS and didn't transfer any data over, so would a repair install still help then or no?
EDIT: I download the firmware for the BIOS of my motherboard but I cannot find a way to install it. Sorry if I sound like a fool, I've never really had these issues before.

Jul 18, 2018

Had the same System Thread Exception Not Handled blue screen issue crashing randomly when playing or booting Fortnite. Every source is suggesting the STOP code has something to do with driver issues. But I'm sure it's not my drivers' problem as I can do literally anything else without getting the bsod. I've even gone far to update every driver for my hardware. The bsod is still popping up, only in Fortnite. This issue is so popular now in the fortnite forum. So I guess we will have to just wait for a patch from Fortnite.

Please add the directory C:\Windows\Minidump into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to help determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this registry file to complete the change for you.

Solution