Windows 10 - System32 Problems.

McKennan McCall

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Long story short, I tried playing a few games which at first gave me "bad image" errors. I reinstalled Windows 10, fixed it. Tried launching Far Cry 5, got another error relating to system32. Rebooted PC, everything was slow (couldn't even open programs or the . Reset it about 4 more times and now I'm caught in a boot loop. Every time I try to launch, I get sent straight to automatic repair, but it can never diagnose the problem. So I no longer even have access to Windows 10. I have an SSD with Windows 7 that I'm currently using to try and fix the problem. I checked the logfile in system32 of my drive with Windows 10 on it, and here's what it says about the diagnosis

Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log
---------------------------
Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details
System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 0

Test Performed:
Name: Check for updates
Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0
Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
Name: System disk test
Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
Name: Disk failure diagnosis
Time taken = 94 ms

Test Performed:
Name: Disk metadata test
Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x32
Time taken = 0 ms

What I'm getting from this is it didn't even try to diagnose the problem.

Someone please help because my 2TB drive with Windows 10 has a lot of games and software for work. I already had to "reset" the OS before, causing all my "apps and settings" to be removed.

McKennan McCall

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

Yep that's what I thought. I was finally able to launch the task manager and found the disk usage was up at 100% for about an hour and a half. It's lower now, but I guess I'll find a new 1-2TB and transfer everything. Thanks!