Question Windows 10 takes 23 minutes to boot

Nov 12, 2019
I timed it one day, and the total time from pressing the power button to entering a password is 23 minutes. This starting happening suddenly about a week ago. I've tried the sfc /scannow command but it found no corrupted files. Also my monitor will flash black if I dont reinstall my graphics card (gt 660 pny edition) back into the pcie slot every time I boot. Ive cleaned it and reapplied the thermal paste but the problem still occurs. any help with either of these problems would be appreciated.

Nov 12, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

check cpu temp in bios?
its old,
cpu: core 2 quad Q9550
graphics card: the gt 660 pny and a radeon hd 4850
power supply: dell model h750e-01 750 watt
cant check temp in bios cause it doesnt have that feature and if i try to find the temps of graphics card in some software the whole pc crashes
also i noticed when i was installing software the other day in task manager i was pulling "very high" power usage

id send a pic of the specs but its booting up rn

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019
I replaced my boot drive from a HDD to an SSD and it now boots in a matter of seconds, so the hard drive must be the problem, however the screen does still sometimes flash black if i dont reinstall the graphics card. I at first thought clearing the RAM was the problem but I saw something that said an old motherboard is incompatible with a new graphics card because of the UEFI, could that be the problem?

Nov 12, 2019
Use of unsupported processors in old motherboards can sometimes appear to be working.

The gt 660 pny and a radeon hd 4850 are not new video cards requiring a motherboard with UEFI BIOS.
I did the only three things i could think of to try and solve this,Install new drivers, clean off all the dust, and run a video memory stress test, if you or anyone else knows what else I can try, it would be very much appreciated.