Question Windows 10 takes 25 minutes to boot on SSD!

Jarv_99

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Background

Hello, So for the past year or so (This problem started around May 2018), my PC has been having serious boot loading times. If I were to restart or shut it down and boot it, it will show the boot screen with the spinning dots for about 20-25 minutes (It got worse overtime, in 2018 it first started being 5 minute load times, then 10, then 20). During this time the PC is super quiet and my keyboard and mouse show no lights. After 25 minutes the screen goes black with the fans running super loud and then it finally boots into Windows.

This only happens if I boot of my SSD. If I were to boot of my HDD it only takes about 20 seconds to boot in.

Some things to note is that because of this I rarely decide to turn off my PC, if I put it into hibernate or sleep, it will power back into windows regularly (2 seconds). Also in the BIOS I can’t boot into the SSD directly, only through the “Windows Boot Manager: Samsung SSD 500GB”

Parts List:
CPU: i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz
Graphics Card: Powercolor RX 470
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
RAM: G.skill ARES 16 GB DDR3
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Power Supply: XFX 550W

Things I have tried:

Update Windows
Turn off ALL startup programs
Changing Boot Sequences
Load Optimized Defaults of BIOS
Re-seating RAM
Update Graphics Card Drivers
Change Windows Power Settings
Turned off Fast Boot

CrystalDiskInfo states that my Storage Disks drive health is 100% good. This only happens with my SSD once again, booting with HDD is super fast. However in the BIOS I cannot boot with the SSD, only the “Windows Boot Manager: SSD” option.

Please let me know of any possible solution. Thank you!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Disabling startup programs etc won't help with that long a boot time! That's suggesting something much more is at play.
Have you tried testing different SATA cables and different SATA ports for the SSD?
Have you run a SFC/Scannow and a CHKDSK on the SSD?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?