Question Windows 10 task manager improper frequency readings

Aug 28, 2019
BEFORE I START:
  • I have posted on multiple tech sites already, got no useful answers, let alone getting "HAHAUSELINUX"-ed.
Basically, I've recently bought an Intel Core i7 2700k (Sandy Bridge-DT) system (Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV rev 2.2 motherboard, and a Gigabyte GTX 980 Windforce graphics card). It had no installed drives, so I added my own 1TB Toshiba drive to it, did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. So far so good, added my MS account, installed my generic software, customized it to my liking a bit with dark mode and stuff. While running Cinebench R20 from Microsoft Store, I decided to pull up task manager to look at the CPU frequency - little to my surprise, the CPU was reported to have a base frequency of 5,9GHz and currently running at 6 GHz, said by task manager. It's most likely some windows related problem, as CPU-Z and Intel XTU both get the proper readings, it's just task manager not getting something right.

If anyone has dealt with this kind of stuff before, please let me know if you ever got it fixed.
Task manager screenshot attached below.

Thanks for any attemps of help in advance.

IzZvZQF.jpg