Question Windows 10 Taskbar not responding on startup ?

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Recently I've been having this issue where the taskbar freezes on startup. I can't click anything because it'll show the blue loading icon, and every 2 minutes or so it'll say that "Microsoft Windows is not responding". Aside from that, everything else works fine. I've tried restarting the Explorer.exe service in Task Manager but to no avail. I've also tried stopping the service and rebooting it, but that doesn't work either. I've also tried updating my peripherals' firmware, because I've seen some people reporting that it was their keyboard/mouse that was the problem.

The only solution I've found is to restart my PC, but that is a very inconvenient solution if I have to do that every time I want to turn on my PC.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Recently I've been having this issue where the taskbar freezes on startup. I can't click anything because it'll show the blue loading icon, and every 2 minutes or so it'll say that "Microsoft Windows is not responding". Aside from that, everything else works fine. I've tried restarting the Explorer.exe service in Task Manager but to no avail. I've also tried stopping the service and rebooting it, but that doesn't work either. I've also tried updating my peripherals' firmware, because I've seen some people reporting that it was their keyboard/mouse that was the problem.

The only solution I've found is to restart my PC, but that is a very inconvenient solution if I have to do that every time I want to turn on my PC.
What are your full system specs? If it is a laptop, provide the manufacturer and model number.