Windows 10 Technical Preview Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I want to download Windows 10 Technical Preview from the Microsoft Official website. Can I get all the features of the operating system unlocked as I have got in Windows 8.1 (like downloading, installing and running other application software, games)?

Solution

It runs just like a regular OS. Just know that it is a Preview, and not quite finished yet.
You can't turn off automatic updates, so whenever they push something new, that's what you get.

It is not recommended to use as the primary OS on your primary PC.

USAFRet

Titan

It runs just like a regular OS. Just know that it is a Preview, and not quite finished yet.
You can't turn off automatic updates, so whenever they push something new, that's what you get.

It is not recommended to use as the primary OS on your primary PC.

Solution
Nothing is 'locked' in a tech preview, unless you count the expiration date timer. Past a certain date in the future a preview build won't boot (so that people can't use it permanently as a free Windows). The final preview expires a bit after the final release is out.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
While nothing is “locked” per-se. There are two versions of the Windows 10 Technical Preview and to access many of the enterprise grade features you will need to install Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview accessible through the TechNet Evaluation Center. Windows To Go is one example of a feature that requires the Enterprise version.

The functionality you outlined including downloading, running third party applications, and playing games are fully available in either version.

Status
Not open for further replies.