Windows 10 Technical Preview Now Available for Select Lumia Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
What do all these phones have in common? They all share the new Snapdragon architecture. What does that mean? Nokia Lumia without this architecture can't run the power hungry windows phone 10 OS. Well done MS! ! Thank you for sticking it up for the little guy and ditching him in the dust!! ^^,

ryandsouza

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Its only the preview that is limited to these phones. When it launches for good, it should be supported on all Windows phone 8 models... at least that's what MS had said

alextheblue

Distinguished
What do all these phones have in common? They all share the new Snapdragon architecture. What does that mean? Nokia Lumia without this architecture can't run the power hungry windows phone 10 OS. Well done MS! ! Thank you for sticking it up for the little guy and ditching him in the dust!! ^^,

Wow you're completely wrong. Did you even read the article? It says why they chose these phones to be in the initial batch. Those phones don't have high-powered SoCs there, genius. WP is very light and fast. Snapdragon 200 is a low-end chip and it runs 8.1 and 10 incredibly well! WP has always been very snappy even on slow hardware, but I guess you wouldn't have any way of knowing that. :/

Anyway, barring interference by carriers, all the Lumias that can run 8.1 will be able to run 10. MS wants them all on 10, but final say is up to the carriers and carriers like selling new devices... so we'll see.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hmmm, so... I have a Nokia 635, I don't use it for anything important, my carrier is cool with it, and I don't really care if it bricks.
Download begin.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I'm just going to post what I've read on reddit as to why. The OS requires a dedicated partition of a certain amount of space. These phones as configured by the carrier specs, have enough spec dedicated to do the upgrade operation. MS is working on making the upgrade for phones that doesn't have that dedicated space (or not as much). It's not a limitation as much as a safety net.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Don't really notice any HUGE difference. Personally I use a black background with orange accent color. I prefer it than having a scrolling picture background. Other than that the other upgrade is to the notifications center which I barely use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS